How are you today?
The other day I saw this recipe online for cheese on toast with pesto, it looked really good and I knew that I had to try it but I gave it a bit of a twist by adding a few ingredients to make more delicious.
- Toast one side of the bread in the oven or grill for 5 minutes.
- Smear 1 Tsp of pesto (I used green but maybe you can try with red too).
- Slice Roma tomatoes or another type too your liking and place two slices of each piece of toast.
- Top each piece with ¼ cup of thinly grated cheese, I used Cheddar but mozzarella is an option too.
- Season with some olive oil, oregano or basil.
- Also, I added some pitted chopped olives.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the toast is brown and crispy on the edges.
Goats cheese, spinach, prosciutto, ham, smoked bacon or salmon, capers, just get creative.
Hope you like it and I would really like your feedback.
Lots of love