How are you today?
Today I bring you a healthy version of chocolate brownies made with banana and avocado.
Since the beginning of the year that i’m trying to loose a few stubborn pounds but my sweet tooth takes the best of me sometimes.
I needed an alternative, something sweet but low on calories and sugar, after some research i found this recipe for chocolate brownies made with avocado and banana on a website called Clean and Delicious and gave it a try.
Makes 9 slice and it’s just 150 calories per slice
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (used 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175C and grease an 8×8” baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender, combine; avocado, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add in eggs, coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking soda until combined.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before cutting.
Hope you like it, it keep a bit of the banana taste to it but according to the website you can replace it with apple sauce, which i’m going to try next time.
If you try it please send me a picture or a link 🙂
Lots of love