How are you today?
After the home success (by home I mean Mr Parker ate it all in 2 days) that I had with my recipe for a fast and easy Millionaire’s Shortbread I’m sharing with you the updated version.
3 pack of shortbread biscuits of 160 gr each
60 gr of unsalted butter or mashed avocado
1 or 2 cans of Cooked Caramel from Nestle
3 chocolate bars (I prefer dark and white chocolate mix)
1 roasting tin 28 cm x 23 cm x 5 cm
Baking paper to line the tin
Here we go:
- Blitz the shortbread biscuits to fine sand in a food processor, if you don’t have one just place them in a plastic bag and beat them with a rolling-pin, don’t beat the life out of it or the bag will tear and you’ll end up with shortbread all over the kitchen ah ah ah, it happen to me.
- Add the melted butter and mix it until you have a paste (biscuit base like the one for cheesecake), once again if you do not have a food processor just do it in a bowl.
- Line you tin with the paper and pour in the biscuit base.
- Spread the mix all around the tin so it’s even and flatten it with a spoon (little trick is to have the spoon in hot water for a few minutes).
- Let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Get your cooked caramel can and pour over the biscuit base, spread evenly and place in the fridge for at least an hour (I leave it for at least four no matter the recipe).
- Break your dark and/or milk chocolate in to the glass bowl and place it in the sauce pan with some water to melt but make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water or it will recook the chocolate and make it lose its shine.
- At the same time in another bowl break the white chocolate and melt it in the same way you did for the darker chocolates.
- After the setting period of the caramel and once the chocolate has melted pour the darker one over the caramel and swivel around so it covers all of the caramel.
- Pour the white chocolate over the darker one in patches and use the toothpick to swirl it around and create a marble effect.
- Leave to cool off completely so you can cut it to pieces, about 12 pieces.
- Store in the fridge as much as possible in a plastic container.
Hope you liked it
Lots of love