Hi, how are you?
Every 2 months I like to clean my makeup brushes and my sponge, hope it’s enough time between them, although there’s several dedicated products on the market that you can easily get from your local beauty store or online I use normal family soap that I got from Aldi and a soap dish.
I’ve also used baby shampoo before but its no match to the clinging power of foundation.
How to clean your brushes:
- Wet your brush in luke warm water and brush it against the soap bar a couple of times. You might notice that immediately the soap starts to melt the old makeup off.
- Work the soap in to the bristles with your fingers.
- Brush it against a brush cleaning pad or in this case a ridged soap dish like the one in the pictures.
- Rinse the brush and repeat the steps above until its all nice and clean.
- Leave to dry on the side of bathtub so that the bristles aren’t touching the surface or they might end up shaped to it.
Wait a day or two to dry completely.
Tip: don’t leave the brushes to dry in a cup as the water will infiltrate the core, this may result in to loose bristles, rust or rotten.
For the sponge its basically the same:
- Wet the sponge with luke warm water.
- Work the soap in by squeezing the sponge several times.
- Rinse it until the water comes out clean with a few squeezes, repeat as necessary.
Hope you liked today’s post, if you do or have any comments or questions please leave them below in the comments section.
Lots of love