Hi, how are you today?
Found this recipe on Instagram from an account called My Meatless Meals, tried it but did a few adjustments as I preferred a different combination.
- 2tbsp chopped garlic
- 200g diced onion
- 150g diced celery
- 250g diced carrot
- 300g diced shiitake mushrooms or 300g of soy – I used 150g of each
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup of water and a vegetable stock melt
- 1tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1tsp of dried oregano or basil if you prefer
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of well rinsed lentils
- 1 cup of vegetable milk
- Olive oil
- Drizzle olive oil in to the pot and add the garlic and onion and stir until softened
- Add celery, carrot and mushrooms or soy and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and the spices and stir.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the lentils and stir
- Add the vegetable milk and let it simmer for up to 15 minutes.
Decorate if you wish too and serve it with cooked pasta of your choice.
I’ve divided mine in to take-away containers so I can freeze and reheat in the oven as I’m not the proud owner of a microwave, you can find the containers in your local Poundland if you are from the UK.
Lots of love